View Single Post
Old 11-10-2006, 07:10 PM
Gold Level Site Supporter

I am 37 years young! For me, riding is the most important training tool. If I don't ride for a while, say more than a week or two I don't feel comfortable the next time I throw a leg over the bike.The day after I finally do ride I am way more sore than I would have been if I did ride sooner. I think riding works muscles differently than other means of exercise, as I have tried exercise and still was just as sore. I think cardio type exercise is probably the best exercise to add to your routine and then actually going out and doing the thing your exercising for as much as possible, RIDING!
I ride and race every chance I get! I compete in the NMA Enduro and Off-Road series and enter some other events also. At least once a week I'm on my Gasser but usually more.I always ride at least for 40 to 55 miles an outing if not more of tough physically demanding type terrain.This last week and weekend I rode 3 days straight arrowing,Preriding and sweeping our clubs Black Bear Enduro.The course was 80+ miles of tough wet Washington single track.It whipped my butt, but will make this weekends race seem less tough. So I figure I should do well at this weekends White Knuckle Hare scrambles held at Reiter trails.This may be the most technical riding in the state, if not country.The trails are nothing but roots and rocks in places it would be hard to fit more of either in the trail.They hold several observed trials events there and It has been flooding in our area the last week and now the snow level has dropped.The creek crossings will be deep cold and swift and there will probably be snow on top, it 'll be a tough race. A race where Gas Gas motorcycles Shine!I wouldn't miss it for the world!
Just remember listen to your body, it'll tell you what you need to do to improve your stamina!