View Single Post
Old 12-23-2008, 02:36 PM
Administrator

If you get more traffic in this sub-forum - I can break it up for you into parts, dealers, tech info, etc.

Frankly, I wish you wouldn't "go elsewhere" - this forum meets the needs of the english speaking gasgas community fairly well - with many members from the u.k., new zealand, australia and the u.s. If you break it up you lose the ability to reach "critical mass".

One advantage of this site is that it is "not for profit" - actually operates at quite a loss. My reason for spending time here is to help gasgas riders and also help the gasgas dealers. I contribute alot of my own funds to keep it going - e.g. $400-ish a year for advertising to keep it at the top of the search engines, etc. This forum provides visibility for gasgas distributors and dealers at a very very low cost - I suggest a $50 contribution per year for sponsorship. We have gotten very good financial contributions from Gofasters and Claude Giguere this year - but I need to get a little more organized and recruit some sponsors from various geographical regions (u.k./australia/new zealand).

Also, compared to "other forums", because we are non-profit, you won't see a "store" where we make money on parts and sell bikes. We don't compete with and hurt your local dealer - we contribute to his health and well being.

Some dealers/vendors I have provided sponsorship because they have very graciouisly helped out members here in their efforts to compete in the six days (gnarlyparts & hyde racing as examples).

Jeff