View Single Post
Old 04-12-2009, 04:48 AM
Silver Level Site Supporter

Bought the bike used, so don't know the original. When I bought the bike, I pulled everything apart and greased it. Looked OK. (It was a low hour bike). Went to grease it the following year (maybe put 40 hours on it), and the bearings were destroyed. Of course, I was pressed for time, so I called GoFasters for the kit they sell (Moose, I believe) instead of the individual bearings and seals (didn't want to fish through the fische)

Maybe rode 35 hours this year (see broken wrist), and although the needles aren't flat like last time, the bushings are worn, especially the swingarm bushings. No heat treat there. What cheap junk.

Have you had your linkage apart in that 300 hours? You might be in for a surprise if you haven't.

Is there an OEM kit? Or do I have to pick out pieces? I don't recall a kit on the fische.

If no kit, I will put together a spreadsheet, i guess, that covers the bushings and bearings, and sent it off to GoFasters for OEM unless someone has had good luck with AllBalls ( iancp5 has) or Pivot Works. It's not that I am cheap, i just don't have much time to jack with this. It's insane that someone sells a kit which lasts only 40 hours of not very hard riding. Nice quality control. Jeesh.

Thanks very much.

blitz