Thread: RB carb
View Single Post
Old 05-18-2009, 09:23 PM
Administrator

My friend Jimmy had the carb mod done on his bike - he initially had trouble with the float level. It flooded on downhills - I didn't notice it because I instinctively blipped the throttle on downhills, but it gave jimmy fits since he had just switched to a 2 stroke from a 4 stroke. After he adjusted the float, on the next trip out, he had no issues.

His bike ran clean all the way through - very strong.

The only thing I can think of that might mess things up in terms of the carb itself is if the nozzle is worn - it will make the carb impossible to jet. Did he replace the nozzle when you had the bike? If it isn't this, then it could be that the squish is off so far that the bike won't run as it should. This is one variable that is very different from other bikes you may have jetted in the past - the gasgas squish is typically way off from the factory...

And if it isn't either of these things - then it is pilot error on your part on your jetting... Leaning the pilot continually will push you into a "pulling over" situation. You should recognize the air screw ineffectiveness as a symptom of this.

Jeff