View Single Post
Old 06-27-2009, 10:04 AM

Default Update.

Right here goes, since my last posts I have made some good progress.

I did a harsh Xc race and the thing tried to mug me, seriously I thought I been sparing with a Brazilian Ju-Jitzue black belt, my arms felt like I been doing press ups with a fat bird on my back. It was a hot day, and I felt worse than normal, but I had guys passing me that I knew I was faster than.

Consiquently,on my 5th lap I lost the bike and hit a tree, bending th LH rad back on it's self, race over .

After trying and failing to repair the rad, I spent £135 on a new one.
I spoke to a suspension guy, who recomended some springs to try, 0.46 were what he said but Marzocchi UK only supply 0.45 (close enough) so I odered and fitted them the morning before leaving for the next event, I also raised the oil hight to about 110mm and centred the clickers.

The next event was a 12 hour 4 man team race. The first guy in our team fell and broke his coller bone after 3 laps, wich ment more time on the bike for me. First off the bike felt allot better, I could tell what the front end was doing even if it felt not quite right. we did one hour stints, so Icould ride, come in and think about what the bike was doing and make adjustment, so I soon got the front end somewhere near where I want it. After 5 hours of riding I can say it's not plush, but not unconfertable. positive feeling I could call it, which is great because it gave me the confidence to push far harder than I have ever done before on this bike. We all know confidence in your bikes suspension is worth hell of alot of time on the track and I sure I will fine tune it now to be near perfect.

I also started on the rear suspension, the rebound I got what seemed ok, the were some small kicker jumps, which the rear was pingin up off of, a bit more rebound got that sorted, I also made it more stable down hill and braking.

Now my next question is the rear compression damping. How where and when do you guys set the fast or slow damping? I have a Sachs shock with the outer knob and inner screw. Is the a easy way to do it, or trial and error?

I'm getting there, must keep the faith.