View Single Post
Old 07-08-2009, 05:42 AM

Hi Nick,

Thanks for the good race info, let's keep this thread going.

Rear compression (low speed) I try to set so it is balanced with the front by checking landing from jumps, so that it moves about the same.

Big difference if there are slow, deep whoops or g-outs. There it is very noticeable.Too little and the rear just collapses and wallows deep in the stroke. Just crank it in untill it stays up enough.

The high speed has 6 clicks per turn and I have it on 6 clicks out. When riding it decides how high the rear of the bike rides. It is very noticeable. Try it cranked in and way out. Way out it feels like a chopper, way in it feels like you're falling over the bars. You'll immediately feel where it feels about right. I adjusted the high-speed and sag to just barely get rid of under-steering that was noticeable when going straight over something slippery and twitching the bars. Front tire skids = understeering, turning = good.

Good luck!

Last edited by Radbuster; 07-11-2009 at 05:48 AM.