View Single Post
Old 07-25-2009, 08:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dhally View Post
Especially if your kid isn't an expert rider, many of the higher trails can be pretty scary... Lots of the hills have been "paved" with bricks and you don't want to fall off the brick road. Closer to Lake Wenatchee there's the Chiawawa (sp?) trail. It's much milder. Some of the lower Mad River trails were easier too if I remember.
Maybe we'll try the Chiawawa trails next year if he is still around (college, girls, etc) That area definately knocked me down a notch on what I thought my ability was. I was really wanting my trials bike back! We put in some long days on some crazy/scary stuff. We only turned aound once. Don't know why because I can't imagine the trail could have gotten any harder. I think at those elevations lack of oxygen combines with vertigo

We did about 1/2 of the devils backbone on the last day. After scaring ourselves the day before we actually hiked a good portion of it to see what to expect. This is an area that it would really benefit to have someone to show you around but we couldn't find anyone from our area.

The lower Mad River was a nightmare. There are signs posting that it is no longer being maintained and we drug bikes over logs, under logs, rode over mudslides and across hillslides where the trail almost disappeared and no room to push the bike (for wusses like me!) And that with the river rushing directly below.

I think I'm going to take a couple weeks off and play with the boat for a while

I have a couple good pictures I'l post later.

'00 XC250 (mine)
LTS front and rear suspension, power valve cover, carb jet kit and rear chain glide, RB Designs head mod, BRP tall triple clamp, backyard foot-peg lowering conversion.
'04 EC250 (the kids)
(he can do his own mods haha!)