Thread: Seat problems
View Single Post
Old 01-20-2007, 11:43 PM

Default Seat problems

I’m hoping to reinstall the stock tank on this 2001 XC300, but the tall seat will not work. If I install the tall seat with the stock tank the rear seat mounts are raised above the sub frame and when I push the back of the seat down it rips the tank bracket right out. I’ve
used larger screws for the tank seat mounting bracket, but they have pulled out and the bushing in the tank is now broken. I’m wondering if I need a different base. My seat base, based on the part number seems to be for a 2000 250, and it is curved much like that of an XR type seat (not flat like the GG seat, but bent up at the front). Based on the photos of the ec/xc 300’s the seat looks flatter and more streamlined. Is there a base that I need to order for the stock tank? The present seat works well with the large desert tank, but I was hoping to use the stock tank/seat setup and make it more streamlined. I checked SDG, but they don’t make a seat for the GasGas, anyone know what I should do. The present seat will not bend to fit the slimmer/shorter tank.

Thanks for any input.