View Single Post
Old 08-04-2009, 07:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trailrider View Post
I guess there are a few out there who love their FSE but seems like weak batteries, poor connections, bad relays, FI problems, ect are a constant problem. They should just put a carb on them and be done with it.
"Weak Batteries".... go through almost all of the "my 4T won't start" threads and you will see that a battery in good condition is a requirement. They need to be maintained when not being used. The last bike my kid had was a Yamaha TTR230 and if the battery wasn't good on it you were NOT going to get it started (even though it would crank over just fine). Newer bikes with electronic ignition and especially fuel injection can not be ignored during their "off time". A battery will happily spin an engine while almost being junk but if the electronics don't have the required voltage (amperage is what spins the starter) that needs to be available it is not going to start.
One of these days I am going to get one of the 4T models, and it will be an older one (read inexpensive!) because the owner will have fought the battery issue for several years and gave up. Geez people, go to a battery store and spend $35 bucks on an off brand battery and you will be surprised.
But that being said it does sound like if you want to use the kickstart that is a whole other issue but if you search this forum people have that figured out too.

'00 XC250 (mine)
LTS front and rear suspension, power valve cover, carb jet kit and rear chain glide, RB Designs head mod, BRP tall triple clamp, backyard foot-peg lowering conversion.
'04 EC250 (the kids)
(he can do his own mods haha!)