View Single Post
Old 09-15-2009, 05:42 PM

I didn't measure the shims because I didn't really care at that point. The shims for each model year can be read on the parts break down on GasGas.com. They give the sizes on there. The longest bolt goes in the front water pump cover. I do agree that KTMs method is way user friendly. My opinion is that I have never been on a more user friendly motor in my life. I've been on worked over KTMs and have yet to match this combination of the GasGas. I'm not biased I tell black (no pun) and white. The 08 has an RB carb and it is working very well. I need to send it back in to RB for some minor adjustment on the pilot circuit but most of the time it is flawless.We are at 4000 ft of altitude and when the temp is hot it has a slight load up but very liveable. The 08 with this carb(bored to 39mm) revs higher than the 06 with the stock carb and the LTR jetting.

I left a little bit out on the first post but lack of knowing how to explain is the reason. The small bell crank shaft that transfers motion from the PV governor to the rod going up to the PV is the subject. There is a small lever that bolts to the front of the shaft that can be removed to free up the pin behind the governor to allow removal of the governor assembly. It is attatched with a small lock nut. The lever is indexed to the shaft so its a no brainer to remove and re-install. There is no need to completely disassemble the governor . Just slide the governor and all thrust washers, thrust bearings in one assembly , remove the spring and shims and slide the spring and governor back on the shaft. There is a small O-ring on the shaft that also needs removed before sliding the governor assembly off. Don't forget to put it back on. I'm not sure what its for but it looks like just an aid for assembly.

The preload on the power valve rod can be adjusted with the small set screw on the back end of the bell crank . I'm no expert on this but we have an ever so slight preload on the small triangle that rotates the power valve to the stop when the PV is completely closed. This may be where the PV slap is coming from if not adjusted properly ??? Thats about all for now. Thanks for reading through all the B.S. Good luck

Last edited by 101racing; 09-16-2009 at 08:12 AM.