View Single Post
Old 09-16-2009, 11:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MattR View Post
When I did my tech articles previously, I just created a basic MSWord document with the pics inserted between the text. Then, I emailed it to Jeff so he could load it on the server and create a HTML version from it.

The funny thing is... I have yet to ever touch the PV assembly on our bikes. Everything else yes, but not the PV. I wouldn't know what to describe for a procedure. I have been following the various PV threads. Since this appears to be a common topic, a tech article seemed to be a natural choice. I was hoping someone knowledgeable on this topic would take the ball on this one (hint, hint).
MattR, We are very busy with building a shop and getting it inclosed before the snow flies up here,otherwise I would try and do a step by step. Not good with transfering photo's on these forums either. We have a 200 that we would like to do the works to and maybe later on this fall we will open it up and do some pics. Until we get time I can assure everyone that the PV is staight forward with no mysteries.All mechanical lodgic. After I got into the first 300 I was suprised how simple it is. There were only a couple of things that were nagging, playing musical chairs with the bolts and prying the case out of the location dowls. The bolt size problem could have been avoided with a little more organized discipline on my part . I mentioned that on my orginal post because it would be real easy to ruin a case with too long of bolt in the wrong hole.