View Single Post
Old 09-25-2009, 12:56 AM

great thread.

As a point of reference for you Washington guys, I ride Walker Valley a lot.

Strengths:
When it comes to climbing hills, I'm a hard charger. Guys that have gapped me somewhere along the way, I'll catch them on twisty, rocky, rutted, bermed, hillclimbs. Against gravity, I'm confident and agressive as hell. I'm not sure, but I think its because if I screw up, I can break easily up hill.

And I can wheelie thru gears up hill. Luv getting the sliding power wheelie, but only on slight ascending grade.

Been complimented more than a few times on picking good fast lines. It dawned on me one day that maybe I have a vision for good lines in general as I was a good running back in football, a natural playmaker in basketball and hockey, and I white water kayak a lot, which is dependant on being able to pick (and stay on ) good lines.

Weaknesses:
DOWNHILL. I'm slow cornering downhill. I'm slow and afraid to commit. My bro in law says i need to practice braking until i'm comfortable doing stoppies and that will give me more confidence in my stopping abilites so i will be able to commit to some downhill speed.

Flat corners. Will not commit to lowering the bike or pivoting. Will roost a little at the end of the sorner but thats about the extent of it. Have no confidence to trust the bike and the physics. Tired of sprained knees and ankles (more from other sports, not motorcycling). Yeah, I know, I'm a wuss.

Any advice will be appreciated.