View Single Post
Old 02-17-2007, 12:26 PM
Gold Level Site Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by JTT View Post
Actually the trials models came with Ohlins on the standard 2006 models (and previous Raga Replica models).

For the EC line, the Ohlins is still available however is now an option, just as the forks have always been. Sachs is now the standard shock, with Shiver forks. I haven't ridden an '07 yet so can't comment on the new shock, but I know the Shiver forks are very nice. I have Ohlins at both ends on mine for the record, but wouldn't hesitate to have those new Shivers.
A perfect example of why I'm usually skeptical about what I read about exotic bikes early on. Weather they are trials bikes, Enduro or MX, it seems If it isn't a mainstream brand some info is always wrong.

I have not even seen a 07 in person, last I heard our main shop over here in Washington, about 100 miles away from my place doesn't have any 07's on the showroom. I'm not sure if this is due to the new distributer or not. I plan on talking with the shops owner soon.
As far as the Ohlins option that is what I had read also, and I am glad it is an option for the Ohlins suspension, front or rear for 07. Its just nice to have that option!
I personally didn't opt for the Ohlins front fork on my 06 or my 04 as I felt that $600 was allot of money to replace the Marzocchi forks that are already so good. I put that $600 into setting up my standard suspension and had money left over. Les had mentioned to me in the past that Ohlins makes the Marzocchi fork tubes and Marzocchi puts their parts in them. In 08 if I decide to stay with Gas Gas and get a new 300, I will probably not opt for the Ohlins in front or rear either. It would be far more effective to put that $900 into the bikes set up and the rest in my pocket. Unless over the course of this season I hear about problems with the Sachs. Then I would option back to the old standard Ohlins shock for $300.Only time will tell.