View Single Post
Old 01-19-2010, 04:56 PM

Default 04 ec 300 Jetting

First let me start by saying I am a total NEWB.

Ive only been riding a handful of times and motorcycles in general are new to me. So far I love it, and the gasgas is great!!!

I posted in the engine thread that I am having cold start issues and am wondering if maybe some jetting work needs to be done. I think the previous ownder may have done some playing around with it but I have no idea what was done.

Tonight I will be pulling the carb off to give it a good clean and will post here what is in there are far as jets and slide etc... Do these parts litterally have the size stamped into them?

What are some baselines I should be looking for to ease starting, give a smooth powerband without too much of a hit be? Also ive never messed with any of the screws.... Which one is idle and which is air? Which direction to turn to make adjustments go in which direction? Will adjusting either help with starting?

Right now when I pull my plug its wet and dark brown or almost black so I guess this is too rich and I need to lean it out a bit.

Some Random Info

04 ec 300
FMF Fatty
Turbine Core 2
Southern California Desert Trail Riding Mainly with Small Hills, Sand, Rocks etc...

Elevations - Average Around 3000ft
Johnson Valley - 2300 - 4600 elevation
El Mirage Dry Lake - 2800 - 3800 elevation

Temperature Extremes - Winter Teens Summer Over 100