View Single Post
Old 07-30-2006, 09:58 PM
Gold Level Site Supporter

Here in oregon, they used to have an ISDE series and an off road series. One was european style format enduro - time schedule with 5 or 6 checks - minimum speed average between checks plus 3 or 4 special tests - you against the clock over a section of terrain. They still do a couple of ISDEs every year - but no series any longer. Washington state primarily does timekeeper enduros.

I like the euro style ISDE format for a couple of reasons...

1. It isn't boring - I start out with a few buddies on my minute and with a reasonable time schedule we get to chat for a few minutes before leaving each check (no penalty for being early)...

2. GNCC format where they mix classes is not safe... AA riders having to pass B riders left and right. Think of it from the AA rider's perspective, the B rider's are boulders that move, somewhat randomly...

3. I can get a friend to go out and ride an ISDE with me and learning "how it is done" is fairly easy...

The press release isn't too clear - seems like intentionally. It sounds to me like the AMA sees the GNCCs and WORCs series doing very well and wants to get into the game...

jeff