View Single Post
Old 08-01-2006, 01:38 PM

Mark,

Take that green light and GO! Good luck!

More input, GasGas compared to KTM...

+ Shiver forks do an awesome job for me. They are far better than WP.
+ versatility and performance of the linkage suspension with the Ohlins shock.
+ outstanding GasGas handling, cornering and stability.

- Soft foot pegs - Get the real pegs you want.
- Chain guard - Get an LTR chain guide and go ride.
- I hated rebuilding the linkage on the GG and the porr(sp?) sealing system - I also hate the rebuilding the linkage. The new seals are much better. Keys to longevity and avoiding rebuilds... Use a good moly grease when new. Periodically regrease. Don't directly pressure wash or hose down the linkage bearings or swingarm bearings. Don't get solvents or fuel on or near the bearings as they quickly wash out the grease.

> NO STEERING DAMPENER on the factory bikes - Keep in mind the GasGas is inherently more stable. I suggest that you first tighten up the Steering Stem Bearing and see how it works. If that doesn't work for you, then go spend your money on a damper.
> Do you really need an in line radiator cooler - The GasGas 2 stroke is very tough to overheat. If you run really slow, hard climbs you may be prone to overheating. My solution is to use Evans waterless coolant. I haven't lost a drop of coolant in the gnarliest, low speed climbs on hot days.
> I prefer Ironman sprocket over a Tri-metal Sidewinder. - Ironman is far superior. My conclusion was clearly influenced by a very poor quality Tri-metal sprocket with soft teeth.