View Single Post
Old 03-25-2010, 12:18 AM

Default Test ride

Great! Thanks everyone for the info. I took the Gas Gas out to day for a few hours at Hollister Hills. I mostly rode on the Renz property witch is mostly tight medium level single track. The Gas Gas was so much fun. I'm starting to understand the whole two stroke thing.

This one has Ohlins front and rear from a Cannondale so it handles very nicely. Its the Dale S440 suspenders so the springs are a little stiff for my liking. I played with the clickers all day long and got it tuned pretty well. Still stiff though. Maybe I'm just so used to having a bigger heavier and better planted bike. I think a steering damper is mandatory on the Gasser. I have one and will put it on if I buy the Gas Gas. Handling was very good and changes directions is very quick and easy.

Seems like everything else on the bike performed perfect. The engine has very good torque and seems very easy to ride and I was surprised at what a good long powerband it has. Great fun! I was even able to find a couple damp area's with plentiful traction and could really hook up the rear tire and see just how fast it is. Its not even close to the Husky but thats ok. It still pulls very hard and shifts through the gears effortlessly. Also had no boil over unlike the husky. That thing over heats very quickly even when ridding 2nd and 3rd gear trails in hot weather. My Cannondale never did that .

I understand I could probably get one a couple years newer but from what I have gathered from this site is that there weren't any major updates to these bikes for a few years and to buy say a 2005+ I would be spending a lot more money. This one here has a completely new engine with less that a couple hours on it. New clutch, all the bolt on protection stuff you can get. Ohlins suspension, Guts seat, Recluse clutch (not installed) and more. Plus a Whole bunch of spare parts including extra suspension (marzochi's) radiators, and more.

Seems like a good deal to be what do you think?