View Single Post
Old 04-18-2010, 07:21 PM

Default TBM 200 shoot out

for those stateside TBM is a brit dirtbike mag. I get it at barnes and noble for $10. Seems like a tell it like it is mag. anyway they did a ktm gg 200 shoot out in the march issue. For those that read the shoot out ... do you think that is a pretty fair assement of the 2010 ec 200??

for those that haven't read it, or can't get the mag. the shoot out was a draw. two different bikes with two different ideas of what a 200 should be. ktm motor had more bottom and more mid range hit and was more flickable more racey, gg more stable, motor was smoother but needed to reved more, much better brakes, felt more planted, easier to ride.

The one thing I wonder about is they mention a lack of bottom end on the gasser and that the bike needs more revving and clutch work in the technical stuff. I'm going to assume the bike was run as stock from the factory .. is there a set up, gearing, pipe, powervalve cover. etc etc to get some grunt off the bottom. I ride a lot of technical stuff .... bottom end is a good thing!!!