View Single Post
Old 04-18-2010, 08:13 PM
Gold Level Site Supporter

The date is growing ever closer. I did a preride on some local areas. Everything still has snow, but it's all doable. Rick and Rev, our Friday excursion may have to change due to snow levels. I'll keep in close contact with the ranger district. I did ride the trail after work last week. We'll play it fast and loose.

I'd like to get an idea of how many folks are attending Saturday, and if you'd chime in on your skill level.... If we have 10 people who want to just go for a fun trail ride that most anyone can make and be happy, we'll go to Huckleberry flats, and Rick and Rev and I will go to Shotgun on Friday (and anyone else feeling they could make it on Friday.)

Shotgun is technical, and the trail I have planned for you all will be mean.

Huckleberry is fast woods riding that a C rider would enjoy. It's got good traction, and my wife and kids like to ride there. the trail system is rather short, but if we're doing a social gathering and a taste of trail riding, this could be perfect. If we're into the trail ride, and skip the social aspect, let's go to Shotgun! Shotgun is not C rider friendly, but I have a backup plan for a group of less ambitious riders.

You are welcome to bring a friend. Like I said, I plan to have a secondary ride leader. Your freinds are welcome to ride whatever they want. I will not harass anyone for the brand bike they are on. If they are on a four stroke, even a Gas Gas four stroke, they may want to watch their gas selector valve though.
OMRA #21AA
What will I be riding next? Christini GG 300?
'15 KTM 300 XC-W
'08 EC 250 (Gone to new happy owner)
Gran Prix Cycle
LTR Suspension
RB-Designs