Thread: Broken Radius
View Single Post
Old 07-11-2010, 07:52 AM

No cast. Pretty much told him to take it easy and if something feels uncomfortable then "don't do it". I would stick with your doctors advice though, or you could always get a 2nd opinion. He may be going the extremely cautious route just to cover his butt.
Between my kid and I, I've noticed that "sports doctors" are more willing to work with you to get you back to your sport than "general" doctors. This means surgeons also. On top of that a competent "sports orientated" physical therapist will be 100% more competent than the ones a general practitioner will refer you too, at least most of the time anyway. You really need to choose each of them carefully. Getting a 2nd opinion may be your best bet for a quicker rehab as long as you don't cause more damage in doing so. Maybe you mentioned something to your doctor that scared him and that's why he cast you?

'00 XC250 (mine)
LTS front and rear suspension, power valve cover, carb jet kit and rear chain glide, RB Designs head mod, BRP tall triple clamp, backyard foot-peg lowering conversion.
'04 EC250 (the kids)
(he can do his own mods haha!)