View Single Post
Old 07-13-2010, 08:09 AM
Banned

Default spec baseline

try this for starters
Quote:
Originally Posted by wavemanz View Post
Hello,

I'm hoping you can help me set my baseline. I'm six foot 200lbs B rider. I live in Tahoe but I'm moving to New England and will race a few NETRA events probably H/S Enduros and Turkey runs. I grew up riding in N/E the terrain is tight mostly 1-2-3 gear sections. I know how to work on the bike and how to make adjustments. What I need are good baseline settings for my Ohlins shock and my fork.

==================================================

2001 EC 300 200lbs rider
Basic settings for a B level New England H/S and Enduro rider.

FORK

1) I want to replace the fork oil and setup the forks add .44 springs. Whats the proper fork oil 5 WT and how much per leg? 115 mm from the top Do I remove the forks and springs then drain fluid compress the forks fully add oil until yes,.

3) Rebound, clicks out? 8-10

4) Compression, clicks out?10-15

================================================== ==

REAR OLIN SHOCK

1) Rider sag = how many mm ? 100 to 105 with 5.5 kg per mm

2) Spring pre-load ? Is this bike on the stand measure point to point then take the bike off the stand and remeasure? This will tell me if this are OK or if I need a stiffer Spring after setting SAG correct? min 20 mm free sag

3) Rebound, clicks out? 18

4) Compression, clicks out? 12-15

================================
Chassis adjustments;
The upper fork tube position in the clamps. Should I set this 5mm up past the upper clamp? to taste

I can fine tune later, but I need to get the baseline.

Do not go where the path may lead, go instead where there is no path and leave a trail.
Emerson

Reduce consumption - Reuse and only then recycle.

Take care

David