View Single Post
Old 07-14-2010, 01:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jostby View Post
If you aren't losing coolant or engine oil I think it would be safe to say you are seeing condensation, not uncommon depending on how you store the bike, humidity in your area, etc.
Personally I wouldn't loose any sleep over it. Key words would be "every time I start my bike up".. By any chance did you mean every time you start it when it's cold?
Thanks for the reply Jeff,

First off, I live here in the Wenatchee Valley area in Central Washington, about 2 hours from where you live in Spokane (I'm sure you've probably been over here ) and it's definitely not very humid and quite dry now that it is summer.

As the for starting, only when the engine is warm and I go to re-start it after being shut off. I don't seem to see any white smoke out of that breather when it's cold and trying to start.

I'm leaning towards condensation, even without lots of humidity and being stored in my closed garage overnight. Do you think a dirty air filter can cause stuff like this? Or maybe their's just lots of moisture in my crankcase? And as for the coolant, usually if it looks low, it's because their's some that has boiled over into the overflow bottle underneath my throttle body..

Thanks for reply!

Chris