View Single Post
Old 07-18-2010, 01:30 PM

Default 97 blew the head gasket?

Had my old 97 out today for its first ride in 5-6 years,, and first hard ride in 7 years.. Had my 03 and its been in storage since.. one time it was out 5 years ago as a loaner who rode it so lightly it never came out of second gear all day.. So about a mile into the first trail a hard uphill rocky straight up loose it boils over a little.. I think odd,, cool her down and charge the hill again.. power loss in the middle of the hill like the gas was turned off.. I stopped.. boiling again.. let her cool.. started her up and from mid hill chugged hard right to the top mostly on the back wheel like she wants to go play.. next 3 miles she stalls a few times and seams hot.. then boils over again.. I'm thinking??? its hot 96+ out today,, my dash on the jeep says 98 in the shade.. So I call it a day.. Go back to the jeep baby her down,, mostly all down hill back 3+ miles.. take her home.. Plug looks good. dark coffee.. not really thinking lean,, oil looks good,, coolant looks good.. new plug take her for a spin recheck jetting looks ok..
Now later she is cooled off,, I run her around the yard and almost right away overflow hose is running on the pipe.. I pull the cap,, check if the caps bad.. but run her with no cap.. FOAM,, right away and pouring out the rad.. I'm sure its blown a head o-ring.. Gotta find the box,, I god a bin of these somewhere.. so what did you do on this hot sunday??
I'm going to run out to the sixpack shop on the 625...
03 KTM 625 sxc-rehab unit-did its job and now gone
03 GG 250 ec-gone
97 GG 250 ec Gone