View Single Post
Old 09-22-2010, 04:37 PM
Gold Level Site Supporter

And hey you New Zealand guys sorry I didn't reply sooner, I just ran short on time this morning. I really wanted to go over and check N.Z. out when 6 days was there recently but couldn't.From what I have heard though, yes it is very much like the Pacific Northwest. Someday I may make it over, if not to ride, at least to do some world famous trout fishing, and see the sites.

As far as rainfall we get a ton. But it varies drastically depending on which side of the Cascades you are on. The West side also known as the wet side gets way more than the east slopes because of its Pacific ocean jet stream influence and the mountains tend to wring out the water from the clouds as they run into the peaks leaving not nearly as much moister to fall on the backside or East side of the slopes. Within 30 miles east of the east slopes it actually turns into Desert.

Snoqualmie Pass which is pretty much in the central Cascades of Washington averages roughly 85" of precipitation annually.

Roscoe

Huge thanks: GAS GAS OFFROAD US, Skagit Powersports, Cycle Gear, LTRacing, Scorpion Racing, users of GasGasrider.org, and CFMC!