View Single Post
Old 08-04-2006, 09:42 AM
Gold Level Site Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by REVERUP
Thanks jeffd, but My bike is already wired to the high beam pole,as my bike did not come outfitted with a headlight it just came with a number plate. I requested a complete Ec light kit and opted for the larger stator when I ordered my bike from Juan late last year and installed it after I got it home. I knew wiring to the high beam was possible as my 04 was a true ec with a blinker switch, horn, Low and high beam,and brake light that worked weather or not you are only using just the front brake. I Just figured what good is the extra wattage if I'm not using it. Why not improve it if possible. I run 2 Hid battery pack helmet lights already so I don't need the power for those.I wondered if more wattage would melt the plastic lens. Maybe some one makes a glass lens and bulb that will still fit in the stock Gas Gas numberplate light shell, as I like the look of the stocker! You always know what kind of bike it is from a distance when heading toward you with Its distinctive look. Any Ideas? I think I'll surf around on the Baja Designs web site.Thanks again for your quick response. Later, Roscoe
You can go with a 45 watt halogen bulb without issue in the stock plastic lens. I wouldn't go with a 55 watt though...

Forgot to mention that going with an LED style rear tail-light will give more power to the front headlight - BTW, LED style taillight is stock on 2007 models.

On my honda XR you can buy a glass lens & 55W halogen bulb to replace the stock plastic lens - but this lens might be a little small and too "rectangular" to fit right... I'll check it out and get back to you.

The baja designs glass lens can be found at the link below - they sell a halogen bulb for it that is 60W. It doesn't look like it would fit in the the stock headlight shell, but might be worth a try.

https://www.bajadesigns.com/NET/item...temCode=600002

jeff