View Single Post
Old 10-13-2010, 12:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by moto9 View Post
Will any of the hubs you tried fit the the swingarm and match up with the brake caliper and sprocket alignment.
That would be a good find, because then we could get a complete whee at a reasonable price from DNA or pro wheel.
We should all work on trying to find another wheel source...mabye ask some friends to try a quick swap see if anything is a close match.
Moto 9 I toyed with the idea of lacing up some new rims to my bike to add some bling but a quick call to the importer of EXCEL rims shot down my hopes of doing it on the cheap. While they do make rims for GasGAS bikes they did not have any on their factory seconds or clearance lists. I didn't much believe the guy when he told me the GG wheels were different so I put a KDX wheel next to my gasser and sure nuff they are. Every forth hole for the nipple is drilled at a completely different angle than on jap bikes. Different hubs would have the same problem since they have to match the spoke pattern of the wheel.
DNA will make wheels for your gasser if you send them the hubs to measure or provide your own measurements. They need distance to inside of the sprocket and brake disc from wheel center line and they also need axle diameter. They would also need measurement of the inside of the swingarm and measurement from wheel center to outside of each wheel spacer.