Thread: Plug fouling
View Single Post
Old 04-10-2007, 12:27 PM

244..I have a 1999 EC200 that I bought around 4 years ago...It has been an awesome machine but I also had bad plug fouling problems at first just like you I could go through 2 or 3 a ride...I would say you are just going to have to play with the carb until you get it dialed in...I bet I went into mine 7 or 8 times until I had it right...Its been so long I dont remember exactly what to tell you..... Float level is CRITICAL...Do some research on the different things you can do to lean the carb and experiment, even keep notes...such as adjusting the needle position..changing a size on the main jet..tweaking the low idle air screw....The LTR jet kit is great and if yours does not have it it would be a excellent place to start...Hotter plug, yes... until you get it dialed in carry extra plugs..Run a high quality and probably synthetic 2 cycle oil mixed with premium gas..I use Mobile 1 full synthetic 2 cycle at 40:1 that can even be bought at your auto parts..Auto Zone here in Tenn...Good Luck...