View Single Post
Old 11-30-2010, 05:23 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by matt_tidball View Post
I am the guy with the new 2011 300 Sixdays. I weigh 215, 235 with gear. After 2 days and 4.5 hours of time on the bike I have backed out compression on both front and rear to almost 0. The rebound is about a few clicks from in. I also had to take half a turn out of rear spring preload on the trail to calm down the rear end. The biggest differance came from from backing off the spring preload a bit. this also decreased the head jitters at high speeds. I found it strange for a person of my weight and riding level (A vet) to have to back off a stock bike so far. Who is this bike set for stock? I still have yet to use all the suspension in G outs or jumps. The suspension works well now everywhere now except in sharp hits and mid sized rolling rocks. I suspect it could use some shim stack work on the initial stroke to calm the sharp feel. I hope this helps out, and I would also appreciate any feed back.
Turning the clickers full soft will only make the forks harsher. The compression clickers only work the low speed circuit, more turns out means more oil bypasses the shim stack and you blow through the low speed circuit into the mid. Whatever the stock spring rates are in there they are gonna be to soft!.46 fronts with 5 mm preload and 5.7 year is your target with 30 mm free sag rear. I dont care how fast your buddy says you are if you set up properly you'll be faster. If your not bottoming its a oil height thing.

Last edited by widebear; 11-30-2010 at 05:43 PM. Reason: spelun mistak