View Single Post
Old 01-03-2011, 10:44 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bobt250 View Post
Rich didn't do the washer swap on mine because it seemed good in the shop. It seemed to get less reliable as the day went on also. A friend was riding it and he resorted to kicking it once because it wouldn't engage. I never had to kick it but it was always a question in my mind every time I pushed the button. I will do the washer swap but I suspect that isn't the ultimate cure. The full charge no doubt helps but my battery was never drained at all during the day.

There were 2 instances of it staying engaged for quite some time. We went through a deep water crossing and when we got to the other side we shut off our bikes to wait for 2 guys who didn't want to cross the water to go the long way around. I didn't realize that the water crossing cooled my engine enough that it needed choked when I tried to start it. It cranked and cranked until I reached up with my pointer finger and pulled the choke lever (very nice the choke being up there). Another time was when someone else was riding it and he dumped it in a big mud pit. When he picked it up it was loaded up and it cranked over several times before it fired. If it would only do that all the time it would be awesome.
You have a choke lever on the bars?