View Single Post
Old 04-24-2007, 03:17 PM

Talking Woohoo, Done University!

Hey Guys,
I just had to share my excitement. This morning I wrote my last university exam of my life. I'm finished! My degree is a BSc in Mechanical Engineering. Words can barely even describe the feeling of finally finishing something I've dedicated the last 4 years to. I'm very excited to finally be finished school, as now I can start taking racing more seriously, make some money and move on to the next stage of my life.

Right now I've accepted a job in Trail, BC doing mechanical design and finite element analysis for a consulting company. I'm pretty excited as it's the sort of work I want to do, but in the wrong industry. I'm hoping to eventually work my way into the motorcycle industry, but first I need to get some experience and get my professional engineer's stamp.

My goals besides work are to qualify for the 2007 and 2008 ISDE in Chile and Greece, respectively. I'm a first year expert, so I'm hoping to consistently get in the top 5 by mid summer.

Besides work and racing I've decided I'm going to take the next two years and just try to live my life. I have some student loans to pay off, but otherwise I don't have anything holding me down. I'm 21, so I figure I should broaden my horizons and see the world before I settle down into the family life. Oh yeah, I'll also try and get in 50+ days of snowboarding next season now that I'll be living back in the mountains.

Anyhoo, I just thought I'd share my happiness. Sorry if I make anyone unhappy with my happiness.

Steve