View Single Post
Old 01-10-2011, 01:36 AM
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rod Overstreet View Post
Jeff, So how is your recovery coming along after the open heart mod, and what does your diet now consists of?
I am doing well - I had no heart damage - it is coming along well - but I need to be patient and work towards my goals slowly. I have kind of hit a weight loss plateau - but I am sure I am putting on muscle - just need to be patient and "keep going"...

One of my main issues has been pulling muscles & getting "knots" in my back as I try to work my upper body back into shape - some muscles got totally atrophied in my upper body and I think things just get tweaked when they "crank you open". And I wasn't in great shape prior to my surgery - I didn't realize how my health had deteriorated due to my cardiovascular problems.

My diet has totally changed - I used to be the first guy in line at the hamburger grill and was clearly a "meat and potatoes guy". I now eat a mediterranean diet - fish, chicken, vegetables, fiber, etc. I often pick the vegetarian option in the cafeteria at work. I no longer eat any fast food, fried food, red meat, no dairy products except for non-fat milk in the a.m. on my cereal.

My weight is down and my blood pressure and cholesterol are now well under control and low. It's funny, I don't really miss the "old diet" because I feel so much better now...

Jeff