View Single Post
Old 01-21-2011, 11:21 PM

Default Will Gasgas make a bigger impact in the US market?

I know that Gasgas has made major in-roads into the US market and this year with distributions increasing the future looks bright. This is very encouraging as these bikes are one of the best out there.

My question is what does the future really hold for Gasgas in the US?

Obviously KTM has things figured out and I know they have a bit more history in the US with the Penton background and have been in the US market for a longer period of time. But, KTM was not highly regarded untill the late '90's, early 2000's. KTM has also figured out the taking on the big 4 was not going to work and providing purpose engineered bikes, like 2-stroke woods bikes, is key.

Gasgas' small line-up seems like it might not be enough. Yes, the 200, 250 and 300 2-stokes are very highly regarded and are argueably the best bike out there, but is that enough to really last over time?

My fear is that they will at some point disappear or come in and out of vogue, similar to Husaberg and Husky.

I guess with their sales in Europe staying strong, that could help. And, it helps in Europe to have guys like Nabotin do so well in the WEC. Maybe if someone did well in the GNCC, WORCS or Enduro series on a Gasser it would help with US sales?

I guess it is a selfish question, because I believe these bikes are the best bike out there and I absolutely love mine. I was very nervous picking one up due to the "exotic" tag, but now having moved to my 2nd Gasgas, I realize they are simply amazing and I hope they stick around for years to come!