View Single Post
Old 05-01-2007, 01:43 PM

I managed to pinch a nerve in my back the first time I took the bike out for a "proper" ride with the new cylinder head. Two months later my right foot is still tingling like it's asleep but at least I'm able to ride again.

Today I finally got to ride the bike in the woods. The cylinder head modification really has made a big difference. With the extra 0,5 mm cylinder base gasket, squish set at 1,2 mm and raised compression ratio it's a lot more powerful than a std GG 300. It really comes alive when "on the pipe" and there is more overrev than before. It's just about as powerful as is practical för the tight woods riding that I do most.

The new cylinder head also allows me to run the "shorty" Doma silencer with the pipe without loosing power down low.

Here's a list of the mods so far:

LTR jet kit
VF2 reedcage (no spacer) set at low tension, instead of the std VF3
Raised cylinder (0,5 mm) to simulate EC 250 port timing
New cylinder head with interchangeable inserts, now running an insert that offsets the raised cylinder and maintains the desired 1,2 mm squish with slightly higher compression ratio.
Doma pipe and silencer
LTR powervalve cover

I'm very happy with the way the squish modification has changed the bike. The two mods that make the most difference are the VF2 reedcage and the cylinder head/squish adjustment.

Kent
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_2011 crop small.jpg (61.6 KB, 25 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_2019 small.jpg (61.1 KB, 28 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_2023 small.jpg (61.6 KB, 21 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_2036 crop 2 small.jpg (60.5 KB, 25 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_2037 crop small.jpg (61.1 KB, 27 views)