View Single Post
Old 05-07-2007, 12:24 PM
Silver Level Site Supporter

Default GG Factory Tour

Hi Dennis,

Thanks. That is terrific information. Mark from GoFasters is helping set up this tour. I have a number of product design, development, and manufacturing questions to ask.

I have had my 2002 DE300 for about 2 months, but only last week have been able to work on it/ ride it. I love riding the bike. I am sold on the brand. I'd love to see how they do it. I was comfortable the first time I was on it.

I'd also really like to help them with fastener selection. I am not sure how the bike was treated before i bought it, but I am really disappointed with the level of corrosion, head sizes, etc., with nuts, bolts, etc. They don't use much thread treatment, either (LocTite, Never-seize, etc.), and the galvanized finish doesn't do it. They should invest in nickel, zinc chromate or Dacromet plated fasteners. My daughter's KTM of the same year has no issues that way. The KTM looks brand new, while the Gasser looks worse for wear than my 1971 bmw (which also has all the original fasteners). I think just the appearance hurts resale value. The bike rides fresh, but looks worn out.

If my only complaint so far is fastener selection, GG is doing great. I hope the tour convinces the missus that the continued "investment" in this sport is a wise choice. Hopefully seeing the factory and feeling the vibe will help.

Thanks for your kind advice.

blitz