View Single Post
Old 03-15-2011, 06:30 PM

The KTM front rotor is the same diameter as the GasGas rotor, no problem there. I have not measured the tubes with calipers but they are not snug enough to create any crush of the tube or create distortion or stiction. I suppose you could pry a little harder on the clamp to "open" it more so the tube would slide in freely.

As I mentioned before I have ridden the bike for a couple of hours with the WP/TTX forks and KTM front wheel and axle installed and there are no problems with this setup. The Nissin caliper mounts directly to the bracket on the fork lug.

The only thing that is a little off is that the center to center measurement of the tubes is apprx. 8" on the GasGas compared to 7.75" on the KTM. This means you have to slide the axle in a little further.

From looking at the front wheel it appears to be centered but I assume it is actually about 1/8th" off center toward the caliper side. It is not visible and I can not detect it while riding.

I am going to a friends machine shop tomorrow so he can make me some bushings for the GasGas axle so I can run the GasGas front wheel with the wp forks.

The bushing will also need to space the axle .25" away from the caliper side in order to center the wheel. I may also have to have him make a new axle nut that is apprx. .50" longer because the stock nut will only catch about two or three threads.