View Single Post
Old 03-16-2011, 01:54 AM

Location: From Swaziland, Now Hamilton New Zealand the “look but don’t touch” enduro heaven

Quote:
Originally Posted by TNT Cycle View Post
My ASI it is very critical on how vertical you can get the carb. The throttle cable will get very tight the closer you get to vertical due to the tight fit under tank. Depending on how well I did with the many times I've taken it appart and put it together. The differnece from spilling fuel with the slightest tilt of the bike and it barely dripping is probably a few degrees. Always critical with these ASI or ASII, some KTM's Ive ownedhave ASII's but if yours is one degree off it could dump fuel with float height being just fine.
i stripped and cleaned my carb last night and noticed a few things that could do with improvement.

Firstly there is no way of knowing what position the carb should be in, normally on other bikes i have owned there is a notch in the boot that lines up with a nib on the carb, but none on the GG - so i just lined the seam on the boot up with the screw at the center of the carb

I also noticed that the boot is a bit warped, it was impossible for me to get the boot to fit properly around the carb