View Single Post
Old 03-29-2011, 04:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrkartoom View Post
The more I read about these forks the more I understand why the people I talked to pushed me towards a Sachs-equipped model. They didn't say low quality but used the term "basic". I'm sure the Sachs units have issues as well, but you guys are making me feel better about the decision.
I wish I could have swung a leg over a couple differently equipped bikes. Honestly a stock suspension usually doesn't work well for me anyway so a revalve is expected, however this set up is overly surprising. It is a basic open chamber fork with base quality components. It can be worked over and will likely be fine.

I tell people, who ask, to buy the GG and see how the forks work for them. I explain that they may need springs and a revalve but it should NOT be something that prevents them from giving this bike a shot. All BS aside I am glad I did it and have some experience now with GG. It opened me up to bikes outside the KTM regime. If you have a suspension guy with experience in Marzocchi forks you will be fine. They are super simple to work on and should not be expensive to re-shim etc.