View Single Post
Old 03-29-2011, 06:45 PM
Gold Level Site Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by widebear View Post
Hi quality? I wouldnt call a modern fork that does'nt use Kashima coating on the internals high quality, maybee high quality in a 1975 Fiat kind of way.These forks are no differant than 1989 honda cr usd's You should have seen the handiwork by Guido and Co on the piston stud, must of had a full bottle of grappa on his two hour lunch break, inexcusable excuse for alleged workmanship! Can you tell how impressed I am?
Gee, that's too bad. I would still call them high quality pieces. The valving has nothing to do with quality of craftsmenship. The hard coating on my fork sliders is still in good shape. My forks have been to LTR after they had about 2000 miles on them, and no internal parts were worn or in need of replacement other than shims for a revalve request. My bike is easily upwards of 3000 miles now, and the forks do not show signs of looseness, leaking, or flaking of coatings. While I did not inspect the internals when the forks were disassembled, I'd say they are good. After Les' rebuild of them, I'd say they outperform the Ohlins I had on my previous Gas Gas, and that fork was pretty good. I also am an A enduro rider, and ride in sloppy conditions, so it's not like the forks live the life of a garage/parking lot queen. Of course, KTM and Gas Gas riders do tend to know how to ride, and ride a lot. I digress, but just an observation.
OMRA #21AA
What will I be riding next? Christini GG 300?
'15 KTM 300 XC-W
'08 EC 250 (Gone to new happy owner)
Gran Prix Cycle
LTR Suspension
RB-Designs