View Single Post
Old 03-30-2011, 01:31 PM

Thanks,

I've been reading through but I can't seem to really apply any in such a manner that it solves my problem.

Additional info:

My FSE has been modified as a Supermotard for the track wich means no contact lock, no lightning, no speedo, no nothing.

Have looked for the following:

I could not find any fuses in the electrical compartment besides the two fuses plugged into the starter relay, wich seems odd to me.

pic:

"Here's a test to check pickup coil circuit: turn ignition on, wait for pump to stop. Slowly kick engine over, pump should start again when flywheel passes pickup point."

Have tried this; works perfectly. Hall sensor still functioning.

"I had a problem on my 450 once, when starter motor just used too much power, leaving the voltage across battery terminals as low as 9 volts when cranking. This turned out to be below the lowest operating voltage of the ECU, and it was not working. As a result, there was no spark when cranking the engine with starter motor.

However, when cranked using the kick start, I got a good spark, and bike would start just fine.

Try hooking it up to a car battery."

I tried this aswell. My battery is full, checked voltage when cranking, 11 volts, checked spark on kickstarter, nothing.

There is no ground problem, engine, frame, coil and battery all earths well in every combination.

I also have these 'ghost' cables laying around the bike. They were never connected, not even when running.

pic:

What kind of DC voltage should i be getting on this plug when cranking?

pic:

Could someone provide me with resistance values for the coil?

Seems like i really need some help on this one..... thanks in advance.