View Single Post
Old 05-27-2011, 05:42 AM
Site Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by GMP View Post
Stainless,

In addition to the slide, I would not rule out Jeff's comment on the worn carb nozzle. You did swap carbs, but they were both old, correct?

Try the needles and report back, its useful data for everyone.
will definitely report back everything i find. i know once it's right it will be pretty obvious.

the motor i'm putting these on is fresh, has great compression and nice squish (1.2mm) - so i've pretty much ruled out motor issues. i've also switched new plug wire/end in.. reeds are carbon fiber, look good, but i'm putting new ones in anyways, so i know where they're at.

both carbs were old, but both carbs had idled in the recent past, and were put away when i switched to 36mm pwk.

i have no real way to measure if both nozzles are worn...i basically will try all needles in both carbs and see what works. i tried identical setups on both carb bodies, and the did act slightly different - one was always slightly richer on the bottom - i swapped choke valves and lowered the floats temporarily to 18mm to be sure it wasn't float or choke issues. so it is possible the richer one has an ovalled carb nozzle, or worn a/s seat, or something letting more fuel in......

Stainless Cycle - Motorcycle Bolt Kits
www.stainlesscycle.com