View Single Post
Old 05-30-2011, 12:38 PM
Site Sponsor

swapped to brand new reeds, - went with non carbon fiber to see if that made a difference. no difference.

went to 38 pilot, no difference. will not idle no matter where i set airscrew or idle adjust. well - maybe it idles for half a second... riding around, i can just barely lean on the throttle and it'll not shut off. can't really set air screw since i can't really get it to idle on the pilot circuit...

choke appears to have no effect... i've switched 3 different choke bodies in and they all do the same thing...it never gets super rich/stutter from choke open .

plug coloration is not bad. it's only coloring intake side of plug though...

went back to 42 pilot - it has a slight stutter at 1/8 throttle so 40/38 is probably closer with ddk needle... i guess i wait for needles to try them out. if no effect, i'm assuming it's slide cutting time. don't know where else to go...

the worst part is it runs better than it ever has. easy to start, power everywhere. no lean bogs, will roll around at 1/8 throttle in 3rd gear and has no issues. will pull hard from idle to wot up a hill in 3rd (and i'll be on one wheel after 15 ft or so....) ..so it's jetted pretty close. when i shut throttle it drops right to where it should idle, then dies. super responsive, just no idle...

Stainless Cycle - Motorcycle Bolt Kits
www.stainlesscycle.com

Last edited by stainlesscycle; 05-30-2011 at 02:12 PM.