View Single Post
Old 06-04-2011, 08:10 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrkartoom View Post
I think the concern is when negativity turns into or borders on brand bashing that concern is raised. I saw one instance of that here where the mods stepped in and took action. I can understand this as forums like this are meant to support owners and promote the brands. GG is smaller/more exotic and things stand out more here than say KTMTalk. While it's fine to discuss problem areas and negative points no one wants to discourage new owners coming into the fold or turn people off to the brand. I'm relatively new here and there could be instances I'm not aware of, but I think this was the issue with the one I saw.
Certainly, there's a fine line to be observed.
I think that if there's any brand taking a bashing in this instance, it is Marzocchi. The burden is on them to deliver quality to GG. I doubt very much that Marzocchi sold the contract to GG with forks that suffered the above problems. GG picked them in good faith as a better fork than what came before. They are free to pick a better fork in the future too.

Are these forks used on other brands, and do they suffer the same problems?

Since many riders accept that a revalve is job one on any new bike, maybe the thrust of this thread should go towards listing the tuners who have this fork figured out already.

I never had any complaints with my WP forks. But, I'm a mid-pack C rider,so what do I know?

-Dean
2001 xc300