View Single Post
Old 06-15-2011, 10:07 AM

Default Loose Moose Enduro- Jesse Warner Race Report

Round 2 of the AMA District 14 Enduro season was last Sunday near Marquette MI.* It's a long haul from anywhere but it is some very unique trail.* Jesse was looking for some redemption after the mess from round 1.
When we woke up Sunday morning there were patches of frost, proof that we were way up north.* But the sky was*sunny and it warmed up nicely by 9am key time.* Jesse and his friend Brooks were on minute 23.* Marquette had rain earlier in the week and the dirt was real nice.
The trail was a mix of real fast, flowing sashays*through small pines and tight sections of hardwood saplings.* They also ran their "moon rocks" section, trail that looks like your typical*MI single track and then all of the sudden you're riding*on car, truck, and even RV-sized rocks.* Some of them have steep climbs to get on and then drop-offs to get back to normal soil.* The final section was the "mountain", for A riders only.* It was lots of steep climbs and descents with*plenty of rocks.* Jesse said he would have enjoyed this technically-challenging trail a lot more if they had ridden it earlier in the day.
I was able to meet the boys at several resets on the trail*during the day and at the gas stops.**While I was making sure they*got everything they needed, I had the opportunity to compare Jesse's scores with some of the other top riders.**Things were looking good.
At the end after 7 timed sections, Jesse nailed his first Overall A!* Redemption indeed.*
Jesse is now 2nd in points but only a single point behind the 250A class leader.* He plans to remedy that situation next weekend at round 3 near Bentley MI.
Thank you Indy Moto, Kerlin Trailer Motorsports & Western World, Throttle Jockey, Unabiker, and Tucker-Rocky.