View Single Post
Old 06-25-2011, 10:50 AM

Default 05 450fse running like crap! (upstate NY)

I have an 05 fse, that has always run very well........untill this Spring. At first I thought it was the fuel, even though I treated it prior to storage last Fall. I changed the plug, drained the old fuel, and added Cam2 race fuel (has no ethanol), and got it running, but it runs very rough.....pops, snorts, stalls, header pipe glows cherry red, etc. The only change that I made was I tried adjusting the little air/mixture screw on the left side of the throttle body by the throttle cable. My question is.......I read on this forum that other people have changed positions on that little screw, in order to "fine tune the idle.....that is the ONLY thing I have done to a bike that ran fine when I put it away last Fall. Could this have thrown-off my settings?........it doesn't seem to matter where I set that screw.......seems to run crappy no matter what. My second question is......I am in upstate NY (Utica area) and there is not a GG dealer within hundreds of miles of here that will work on the 4T. Is there anyone near me that has the software for this that would be willing to have a look? Thanks!