View Single Post
Old 07-09-2011, 09:42 AM
Gold Level Site Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Caravan Monster View Post
Mostly because of our long established trials clubs and the excellent foundations of skill and confidence laid by trials riding for youngsters to go on and excel in other disciplines of motorcycle sport.

I recently read that the UK government is looking at changing the planning laws to make it even more difficult to hold motorsport events on farmland. This would directly effect enduro, mx and trials from the grassroots up. Combine that with the efforts of various powers-that-be to ban us from riding on unsurfaced roads, and the future starts to look bleak. Where all this negativity has come from, I don't know. When I was a kid, the sound of bikes at the local quarry was met with excitement - it meant we could spend the day watching the racing. Now, the sound of bike engines, and some miserable sh1t will be on the 'phone to the police to complain about it

I used to be the most legal trail rider imaginable, trf rights of way officer, attended all the seminars, now ive gone stealth.. i ride on my own, quietly where i want. within reason
Give it a few years and its the only way we will be able to ride over here.