View Single Post
Old 08-30-2011, 11:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by drorsdd View Post
Hi
i am not in a point to argue with your experience, i am having hard time deciding on which spring to go with, but 3 different Ohlins professionals Stacy from Ohlins USA, Lars from sweden and the Italian technician from Ohlins Italy that actually have that spring in stock say to go with the 5.8, and that in worst case i can always loosen preload to even 5mm to get the right sag and softer feel.

they also said that if lars which is the top Ohlins technician say 5.8 than i should listen to him. so hard for me to argue.

most of my riding is single tracks and special tests at fast speed, most of my rides are not relaxed with the boys but training for races or racing

in worst case i just get a 5.6 later on.

btw with the 5.6 what preload, static/rider sag you have now?

thanks
Sorry if I gave the impression that I was arguing. I think a 5.8 might work for me as well but I went off LTRs recommendations. Maybe it's because I'm older and slower than you. I am curious as to why and how height comes into play. Les asked my height and even wrote it on my spec sheet but I never asked him how it changed things. Since getting back in to riding I've been changing my riding style to more of a trials/technical style than the motocross style of my youth but if you are more of a hard charger maybe a 5.8 is best.