View Single Post
Old 11-07-2011, 12:08 AM
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by swazi_matt View Post
Ok so with me running a 38 carb on my 2010 300 in altitudes between 500-1900m (mostly 600-1200m) I should also start with the nedj needle?

Looking more for bottom end performance don't mind if I'm the slowest on the road so long as I get to chill at the top of climbs and watch others sweat;-)
Matt,

Considering we have basically run the same thing across our bikes since day one. Similar conditions both in temp and elevation I'd say you'll be pretty close on with 40 NEDJ 172/170. Start big and drop if you need to.

I'm basing this off you running 38 N3EH/N3CH#2 175/712.

When you talk in terms of bottom end performance I would say the NEDJ is a lack of bottom end performance. Its got no snap to it like the N3 range does. Its smooth and torquey though and very forgiving to throttle input. IE point the bike where you want to go, open the throttle and let it take you there. Need to lift the front end? open it some more, maybe flick the clutch.

I find myself running in the higher revs when it opens up to keep the bike in the meat of the power, and love how docile and smooth it becomes when things get slow and nasty. It works for riding smooth and fast for longer periods of time.