View Single Post
Old 11-07-2011, 06:04 PM

Default Monkey Butt House of Horrors!

Yep, I got it bad. I rode the Gobbler Getter Enduro at Perry Mtn yesterday and I am one hurtin' dude today.

Other than the ape ass problem, it was great. It was a hard, rough 64 miles. Excellent trails that kept everybody on their toes. The monkey butt set in about mile 20 and I greased up again at the gas stop but it didn't help. There was a 12 mile section at the gas stop restart and I was flailing thru that and the rest of the checks. I was hurtin' and I couldn't get any kind of rythym going and just expended way too much energy. They made a mistake of making check #10 (next to the last check, they had 11) very close to the camp/pits. Right out of ck 10 they had us going up a gnarly, silty hill with nasty rocks which was lined with spectators since it was so close to the pits.
There were quite a few stalled out on the hill. I put the 300 in 3rd gear and picked my way up the hill and cleaned it nicely but when I got to the top, my hands were cramping so bad and my butt was raw so I decided to pack it in.
From what I can tell, I had only about 6 miles to go....

I met Clay there and that was great. The guy is always interested in how to improve the operation. Very receptive. It was great to meet you, Clay.

Oh, I just found out a little while ago, I got 3rd in my class which surprised the hell out of me....now I can say, I have trophied in 5 decades!!!