View Single Post
Old 01-07-2012, 07:06 AM
Platinum Level Site Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by singletracker View Post
I've got about 6 hours on the bike now, and I finally had time to play around with the setup a little more. I added the Fastway Fit I handguards, Scotts stabilizer, Watchdog computer, and carb mounted choke.

I also had a chance to play with the jetting a bit. I've tried three needles now; N1EF, N3EW and NEDW. I definitely prefer the NEDW for woods riding. As stated many times before it gives a smooth delivery. My PJ was a little too rich for today's conditions, but I didn't want to make many changes since we won't have too many more days in the 60's around here in January!

What's the difference between the NEDW and NECW needles? I'm afraid the NEDW may be too rich when it warms up into the 80's and 90's, but I'm thinking it is leaner than the NECW.

I'm still digging the suspension! I could race it as is, but I won't know how rough it will be on my lower back until I actually race it. After changing a few clickers it's pretty darn close, and still breaking in.

Although it's taken some time to get used to working on it, and to get it set up the way I like it, I really like this bike!
I read on here that the NEDW is richer than the NECW by half a clip. Jakobi posted it somewhere, just search a bit and you can find it. I'll look a bit and see what I can find. But I am pretty sure that C is leaner than D.