View Single Post
Old 08-22-2006, 06:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by flybars
Man! That was a great thread! When two guy's with strong convictions are arguing their points, and both are right, especially when it concerns my new gg450 purchase, I listen. I am a pretty new rider. Just approx. 2 and half years of offroad experience. At almost 57 years young I still have a lot to learn about this great sport. That's why I quit buying the mx mags. and joined a few trail riding specific forums. I have learned a lot since I made the switch. U learn quick who to listen to. I will listen to u two for sure.
It took some push to get it out of u Hawkeye, but now I know why u don't trust the 4t gas gas. I knew I was taking a risk with the support and aftermarket parts and good solid wrenching know how. But what a BIKE! I agree with u about the management. It's key to making this fse line survive. I pray we get a good solid team in there.
And Matt R good luck with your 525. I've got friends who can ride the hell out of those things on the knarliest stuff here in the Cascades. The JD jetting kit is the ticket from what I've gleaned.
And Metalefty, while he's up in the higher elevations trying to get his bike to run properly, we will be ejoying the hell out of our superior machines!
Glad you enjoyed it. I also agree with Hawkeye's statements about support and wrenching knowhow, his last post was a good save because I had a hard time believing he was serious with some of those previous post comments...
I just rode with a guy the other day who owns a 450X who swore his jetting was spot on for the altitude we were going to ride. Not long after we got up in the mountains he starts complaining that his bike wasn't running right and was down on power. Maybe he's not savy at jetting and not every rider is an expert on jetting but the GG sure makes it much easier to deal with. Seems like to much tinkering to me and it was at one time(on my previous carbed bikes... ).